1.28.2014

Diet and Exercise: What's New

If you follow me on Instagram, you've probably seen my daily Polar F4 updates as well as the tasty, fatty, fatty food I've been eating.

I've decided to go on a ketogenic diet for 3-4 months. For me, this is not a sustainable diet for the rest of my life, but I want to burn some body fat in a ver efficient way (although I probably will try to remain somewhat low carb since I feel so much better when I don't eat them). When I went to the gym and met with a trainer at the end of last year I was at 38% body fat and totally mortified. I couldn't believe how far I had come only to gain so much back. The ketogenic diet is basically low carb, high fat, moderate protein. Once your body runs out of glucose from carbs it begins to make ketone bodies that use dietary and stored fat for energy. Essentially I am a fat burning machine and it's awesome. This is the start of my 3rd week and I've lost 9 lbs so far (granted I'm sure a lot of it is water weight, but I don't care).

I've also been going to the gym 5 days a week - this is now my 3rd week with that as well. My best friend and I go together and keep each other accountable. Here's my schedule:

Monday: Cardio sculpt class
Tuesday: Kickboxing or spin class
Wednesday: Boot camp
Thursday: Spin class
Friday: Body Pump

Since we're Disney junkies and are there almost every weekend, I burn a ton of calories on the weekend walking around. At some point in the next few months (once I start incorporating some carbs back into my life) I want to add some serious weight training into the mix. I'm hoping I can get rid of a good 10% body fat before I start weights.

This is going to be my year to finally get my body where I want it to be. I'll be 29 in March which means barely a year until Dirty 30 and dammit, I want to look and feel my best :)

Have you been sticking to a fitness or food goal this year?

4 comments:

  1. I need to get back on the wagon. I am slacking girl...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to hear more about this diet! I'd love to see what you are eating, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes please, I want to see what you've been eating! what kind of diet are you doing where you can eat, tasty, fatty foods!!!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're killing it!

    ReplyDelete