1.24.2014

DIY: Valentines Day Argyle Yarn Wreath

Valentine's Day is 3 weeks out and I was feeling a bit festive now that I'm home again and decided to decorate a little for the holiday. I totally slacked on Halloween and Christmas stuff so I'm trying to make up for it this year.

I discovered how easy it is to make yarn wreaths when I made one for Nugget's birthday, so I figured I'd try one for Valentine's Day. Since I heart (haha, you're welcome) argyle, I decided to make an argyle heart yarn wreath.

Supplies Needed:

Yarn in colors of choice
Felt for hearts
Foam wreath
Scissors
Hot glue gun (optional)


Step 1: Wrap yarn around wreath. I would suggest watching TV or something while doing this because it can take a while and it's BORING.




Step 2: Cut out hearts from felt. This took me a few trial and errors to get the right size heart.


Step 3: Arrange hearts on wreath. This is where you can hot glue gun the hearts on (not necessary, but makes life easier when doing the argyle part).



Step 4: Wrap different color yarn to make argyle pattern. I went around it completely with the yarn going in one direction and then reversed it and went around again.


...and we're done!




Step 5: Hang it up :)


Any one making some fun V-day inspired crafts this weekend? Hope you all have a fabulous Friday!




1 comment:

  1. Omg that looks so cute!!! I am loving all the Valenties crafts I've been seeing and want to hop on that wagon so bad but I've been sick and car-less which stinks. I really want to try my hand at this though!

    ReplyDelete