5.22.2014

The Down Low on Low Down Waxing


I realize this is not my usual topic of conversation on here, but hey, why not. It's not everyday someone posts about waxing their va-jay.

I'm pretty anti hair. I just don't like it and yeah I get it, mammals, warmth, etc., but I live in Florida - I need no more warmth. I have always been curious about getting waxed down there, but honestly was never ballsy enough to do it. I've had my eyebrows and lip waxed and that's uncomfortable enough. I've had a friend that has done it for YEARS and just told me to suck it up.

So I did.

The first time sucked. Bad.


I seriously couldn't understand how people did it monthly. The esthetician assured me it's cause I was a newbie and it would get better. I will admit it looked pretty fab (for a vag), but I wasn't totally sold. 

I went almost 3 weeks sans hair and that was enough to convince me to give it a second go. It was decidedly less bad, but still sucked a little. The hair grew back slowly and thinner and soft. I was convinced for round 3. 

I went a week ago for my third time. It honestly felt like next to nothing. So now I'm hooked.

I will admit it's a little strange having someone all up in your lady parts, but given that she's seen plenty of vaginas and has one of her own, I try not to think about it too much. The weirdest part for me is when they do the back door. 

I was told it was the cherry on the waxing sundae, if you will. It's one thing to have someone looking down there, but it's another when it's your butt. You basically just grab your knees and bring them to your chest. This is surprisingly the least painful, but most awkward part for me.


So if you're ever thinking about doing it, go. Just don't judge on your first try. Had it felt like the first time every time, I would not still be doing it. Also, make sure you find a reputable place. Don't go to some random place with a Groupon as I've been told they'll rip your vag off.

Have you ever gotten a Brazilian? Share your good or bad stories!

2 comments:

  1. Sooo I'm doing a boudoir shoot in July for my husband and I was thinking about having one done prior... but I'm so scared. Especially for someone getting up close and personal with my area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too funny! Well, you know, in an informative way. I hate hair too (I even shave my arms!) but I don't know if I'm brave enough to wax either down there or my arm pits. I just hate pain so much. And the stranger looking at your bits part doesn't help, hahaha. You don't make it sound bad at all!

    ReplyDelete